Roles and Duties
Aims of the Chaplaincy team:
- Deepen prayer - we will try to help everyone become closer to God
- Enable communion - we will try our best to ensure everyone feels part of the school and church community and know that God loves and cares for them.
- Strengthen mission - we will make sure we will help others especially those not as fortunate as us and we will show others what it means to be a person of faith.
Role of the Chaplaincy team:
- Helping the school to be a community of faith.
- Encouraging the pupils to remember their faith in daily living.
- Developing good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Planning and leading key stage/whole school collective worship.
- Assisting in the organisation of school masses and liturgies.
- Promoting the spiritual life of the school.
- Helping plan and lead charity events.
- To continue to develop strong links with the Parish.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
- Helping to plan and lead assemblies and Masses.
- Supporting their peers with the planning and delivery of Prayer and Liturgy.
- Lead lunchtime prayer opportunities throughout the year eg: Rosary and Stations of the Cross.
- Ensuring that Class prayer areas are tidy and reflect the season.
- Organising fund raising for charity.
- Working alongside the Parish Priest to organise and plan key events linked to the liturgical calendar.