Here are some other ideas of things you could do to help your child feel ready:
- Look at the photos of our school (see below)
- Walk past the school so they can see where they are going.
- Talk about what they are looking forward to.
- Practise getting dressed in their new uniform.
- If their name is on a label in their clothes, show them where and what to look for.
- Ask them if there is anything they are worried about.
- Play games together which practise turn taking or sharing.
- Play 'schools' together.
- Give them some words/phrases to help them ask for help from an adult.
- Practise asking to go to the toilet and going to the toilet themselves.
- Tell your child what you will be doing while they are at school – so that they don't worry about you
Please see the link below to a useful website which gives ideas of how to support your child in the lead up to starting school.
BBC Bitesize also offers some great advice from professionals and some videos you can share with your child.
Play the 'First day at School' game with your child. Help your child create his/her character and pick a school jumper, then explore the school and find all the different activities to play.
Currently we have two classes in Reception. We also have a large, well-resourced outdoor area that we have access to daily.
Take a look inside our classrooms.
At the moment the classrooms may not look exactly like these images due to implementation of social distancing.
This is the playground where we play after we have had out lunch.
The governors and staff positively encourage the wearing of school uniform. It is smart, practical and economical and promotes equality for all.
1B, Plaza 21, Sanford St, Swindon SN1 1HE
Click to view our school uniform stocked at www.monkhouse.com
The above store now supplies our uniform displaying our logo. You may purchase other items of uniform from any other store.
The uniform consists of:
Blue polo shirt*
Grey trousers/Grey shorts
Navy pullover/navy cardigan/school sweatshirt*
Grey skirt/pinafore dress
Blue and white checked or striped dress (summer)
PE Kit: Blue shorts, white T shirt* and daps – to be kept in PE kit bag
Children are also required to have a library bag* to keep help our school books in good condition.
Please ensure that all items of school clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name