Remember to also practise words from the KS2 Statutory word lists which you can find below:
Below are some ideas for spelling activities:
- Choose 5 words from the list and then write a synonym (a word which means the same), an antonym (a word which means the opposite), the meaning of the word and an example of how to use the word in a sentence.
- Choose 10 words and write them in different styles e.g. rainbow/colourful writing, curly writing, bold writing, fancy writing.
- Choose 10 words and write them in different materials e.g. chalk, pebbles, paint, water.
- Ask an adult/older sibling to quiz you on the spellings.
- Use the Spelling Frame website to practise your words.